Before entering the key point, it is necessary to emphasize again that the concept of "choosing sunglasses is not the darker the better the color of the lens" is not correct, the important thing is whether there is a choice of lens color and light transmittance.
The common sports sunglasses or general sunglasses in the market are mostly made of base lenses plus Flash Mirror Coating or Revo Coating, and what effect can these two have on the light, we explain the effect of the color of base lens on light first:
- Gray lens: Gray lens belongs to the neutral color system, which can absorb the spectrum of various colors, so it can effectively reduce the light intensity without obvious color difference, and it will not change the original color of the object. It is suitable for all sports.
- Blue-violet lens: Also belong to neutral lens which is similar to gray lens, but it can effectively filter the light blue reflected by sea water and sky, suitable for water sports or seaside wear.
- Brown lenses: \Iit can filter out a lot of blue light, and has the advantages of adjusting the contrast and clarity, blocking the reflected light, so it is especially suitable for wearing while driving. In addition, it can be worn under the conditions of air pollution or fog.
- Green lens: Absorbs light while reducing the degree of visible light entering the eye, maximizing the green light reaching the eye without affecting visual clarity. The brightness of the background such as green grass can be increased to achieve the effect of absorbing light and not reflecting, so that the white ball is more distinct in the field of vision, suitable for golf players.
- Yellow lens: The blue light absorption effect is the strongest. Athletes use yellow lens a lot, which can block harmful blue light, enhance contrast and bright but not dazzling, so that natural scenery is clear. In foggy, dusk, night or early morning, fog, rain and other environments, yellow lenses can improve the contrast and provide a more accurate view, so it is also known as night vision goggles. It is suitable for wearing indoors or driving at night or when shooting, hunting, or exercising at night. It can block dazzling light.
- Orange lens: It has the same function as the yellow lens, with strong blue light absorption effect and stronger contrast effect, which makes people see clearly. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor wear under low sunlight, for example: cyclists or indoor reading.
- Red and Rose lenses: They can only block short-wavelength light, which are kinds of popular decoration. Even they are sunglasses but with no eye protection function.
In addition to choosing the color of the lens, you should also pay attention to the anti-UV coefficient. You can choose to take into account the anti-ultraviolet, and it will not affect the light intensity. Choose sunglasses with UV400 and a transmission rate of about 25% is better. There also have sunglasses with sunscreen, but the price is higher. Xcube sort out lens color guide by activities and weather.
Understand in what kind of environment or activities which base lens colors are suitable, then what is the flash mirror coating? The flash mirror coating is divided into shallow mercury and thick white mercury, both of which use a variety of different refractive indexes. The raw material is processed by vacuum coating, the color of the base lens can still be clearly seen, and the reflectance of the entire visible light area can be improved, which can effectively reduce the strong light in the environment under the strong light, such as snow or beach. Compared with the two, the mirror effect of thick white mercury is stronger than that of shallow mercury, so white mercury looks relatively eye-catching, but the light transmittance is worse than shallow mercury, and the light will be darker. For long-term wear, shallow mercury will be more comfortable.
For the selection of sunglasses lenses, you can refer to the above information and take your personal preferences into consideration. I believe everyone can choose the most suitable and most satisfactory sunglasses for yourself.